SAN JOSE, CA – July 12, 2019 – NK Technologies announced the AG-LC Series, a new ground fault sensor that makes it easy to monitor larger circuits. The 2011 NEC requires ground fault protection of the main over-current device feeding marinas and boatyards, where these services often carry up to 800 amps. Most sensor designs do not allow the conductors to pass through a single sensing ring, requiring a separate sensing device such as a zero-sequence current transformer. The AG-LC Series resolves this issue with an innovative large solid-core housing design that provides ample space for multiple conductors to pass easily through one sensing window.
Key applications include:
- Monitoring large machines: Detecting leakage to earth before the problem can cause damage
- Water treatment and delivery: Keeping pumping systems safe and in operation
- Generators: Shut down equipment when leakage current exceeds hazardous levels
AG-LC Series highlights include:
- Electromechanical relay output provides both normally open and normally closed contacts
- Compatible with most automation and control systems
- Externally powered – choice of fail-safe or standard operation
- Simple field setpoint adjustment
- Adjustable time delay
- DIN Rail or panel mount
ABOUT NK TECHNOLOGIES
Founded in 1982, NK Technologies designed the first low-cost solid-state current sensing technology that underlies the industry today.
Today, NK Technologies is a leading provider of current sensing, ground fault detection and power monitoring products to the industrial and factory automation markets, with a product portfolio that includes more than 1300 models to satisfy a wide range of specific application needs. As the needs of these markets change, NK Technologies is well-positioned to respond with sophisticated new product designs and improved product functionality necessary to meet